Friday, September 23, 2011

Frustration.

I wanted to dive in head-first but my conceptualizations are still far too large. Having little better idea what to do I turned to the search engines.

Gods I hate search engines sometimes.

It took hours to figure out that most the links on Google, DuckDuckGo, etc, are pointing to people saying, "Scratch your own itch." And if you don't even scratch real itches? Further searching and involving university Senior Projects, I made a list of things worth programming to test my knowledge in programming languages as well as keep me practicing.

  • Configuration parser
  • Log analyzer
  • Log rotator
  • Simple file transfer client/server
  • simple file encryption
  • personal planner
  • address/phone book
  • payroll program
  • simple calculator
  • anagram finder
  • Pac Man
  • Animate algorithms
  • Sudoku & Solver
  • Tic-Tac-Toe
  • Chess
  • Quiz game
This list is by no means comprehensive of anything, however from it I was able to decipher a few trends.

  • String manipulation
  • File manipulation
  • Math
  • Input/Output
  • Networking
  • Simple games
  • Data management
  • Algorithms
So, maybe I'll work on these when I don't feel like vomiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment